FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Corona Flight Cancellation experiences
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2020, 8:01 am
simonjp

Programs: CX Gold
Angry

Originally Posted by simonjp
I have had a redemption booking on CX143 HKG-PER in late March. This disappeared straight away from the online reservation system after the service reduction was announced, so I contacted customer services on Twitter as usually they are very good. This time, however, they did not seem to understand the problem, as they simply said that they could see my flight in the booking and that it was confirmed. I tried again, but they offered to email me my itinerary (of which I can obviously access online in my account). I sent a message back with a screenshot showing the absence of the flight on the online reservation system, but have not heard back yet.

This morning I received a rebooking email, saying I am moved to CX171, which is about six hours earlier than CX143 (the red eye). No big deal; just need to take an extra day off work and also spend one extra night on the ground.

Whilst I know CX's CS is busy, I think it is better to tell your customers to at least look out for updates or similar as the original flight might be cancelled in this case, as opposed to saying everything is fine.
Update - Today I got shuffled again from the CX171 the same day to CX171 the next day due to second cancellation. Now arriving at 22:20 instead of 05:00 when compared to original booking. Luckily, our internal flight is not until the next day at lunchtime. The flight out from HKG is still half empty in J; coming back two weeks later is even less busy.

Last edited by simonjp; Feb 18, 2020 at 8:53 pm