FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied Boarding and Family Split
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2020, 7:30 am
SK AAR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The German authorities have confirmed that this is denied boarding situation (which is a bit surprising to me, but again, I'm not the one to decide this matter); the authorities have not stated anything about your EU rights being violated.

As stated above I suggest that you ask LH to fulfill the decision of the German authorities. That is what you are entitled to. There is absolutely no basis for litigation against LH (for further compensation than already awarded to you?) on the basis of LH violating your EU rights. Those claims can be aimed at EU member states, authorities etc for implementing rules/regulation or having a practice that in general restrict the freedom of movement, but not private individuals or companies. A specific decision of LH not to allow your son to board the flight due to fears of him not having proper travel documents is very far from denying you/your family of EU rights. You will laugh out of court if you pursue this "violation of EU freedom" argument against LH so please consider this carefully (and better seek legal advice from someone qualified in EU law/rights) before you follow this path (for your own sake)

Last edited by SK AAR; Feb 18, 2020 at 7:39 am