FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mesm Tokyo, Japan, Autograph Collection [Master Thread]
Old Feb 18, 2020, 1:22 am
travelinmanS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
This property has been discussed in the Japan hotels thread but as it's opening in April I thought it was about time that it got its own thread.

The property is situated near Hamarikyu Gardens, on the south tip basically opposite the Conrad on the north. Close to Takeshiba for connections to Odaiba, and a short walk to Hamamatsucho and Daimon.

No photos of the rooms, but if they're anything close to the renders they should be quite nice. At category 6, I suspect this property will be a good value on points for one year at most. Given the category creep in Tokyo with even CY Tokyo Station being a cat 6 and the Westin now being a cat 7, I can't see this property staying there for long.

The property has a lounge. I've been told by the hotel that these are the planned hours:Breakfast: 7:00-11:00

Afternoon tea: 14:00-16:00

Evening Cocktails 18:00-22:00 (happy hour food ends at 20:00.
Also one of the few Japan properties that still takes SNAs. Only the chapter 3 king suite can be selected for SNAs as my understanding is that there are only two suites with 2x double beds.

I have two nights booked here for June. Anyone else been looking at the property or planning a stay?
The location isn’t any good. The closest hotel for reference is the IC Tokyo Bay. That said, access to Shimbashi/Shindome via the monorail makes it a decent choice but I think there are better options for less coin if that’s your area of choice. Western chain hotels are generally overpriced for what you get in Japan and I doubt this will be any different.