FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Broken Layflat on EWR-SFO
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2020, 1:08 am
PaulInTheSky

Originally Posted by NYNDSF
Recently flew on a J fare business class ticket and my seat was broken in the upright position (it did not recline at all let alone go fully flat). When I asked the FA for help, she offered none and did not seem to care at all. I tried to reach out to United after the flight and after a few weeks finally got a response... a $300 dollar voucher. That was a $3k one-way ticket and I am quite upset about the meager compensation especially given I am a mid-level premier status. I told them that it wasn't acceptable and that I would be taking my transcon business class flights with another airline in the future and they did not care. Anyone else had a bad experience like this / any advice on trying to get this fixed??

Sorry to hear that. Welcome to the new world of UA which do not care about the customers. I am accustomed to the service qualities of US3 - 'It is what it is'-attitude.
Does anybody know OP has a case to file complaint against UA and file chargeback because it is not what OP paid for?

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
No go. Passenger was transported to/from destination. If all he/she paid for was a seat, sure.
Is this really in the ToCs of customer protection rights? If that's the case it seems to be that Y fare, PEY fare, and F fare have the same