FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Broken Layflat on EWR-SFO
View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 2020, 11:55 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shimps1
Just last month I got $125 for a Y seat that wouldn't recline on a 3 hr 737 flight. $300 for a completely broken lay flat (one one the main reasons for booking that specific flight to begin with) is unacceptable. I'd be looking for $1k minimum. Imagine if you had a meeting to get to right after the flight.
The great thing about living in a free country is that one can look for anything one wishes. That doesn't change how likely it is to happen, though.

Originally Posted by Kacee
In my view $300 for a broken lie-flat on a full fare J ticket is objectively unreasonable.
Reasonable or not is inherently subjective. Personally, I find $300 about right for a 6-hour flight, since I wouldn't pay more than about a $300 fare difference for that upgrade. (And, in fact, that's the approximate route differential). The amount paid for the ticker shouldn't make any difference, as it has nothing to do with the service provided. FWIW, I've actually slept in an upright, broken J seat on a mid-con. IIRC, I got a $175 voucher (which, incidentally, was more than I paid for the flight; I did throw on an RPU, but I would have CPU'ed into it anyway). I found it more than fair (and it was surprisingly comfortable).

Originally Posted by Channel 9
The purser gave me $300 voucher in the air. I took it. I probably could have done better but oh well. I'm 1k MM.
And this for a much longer flight than EWR-SFO.