FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Account Frozen/Audit - No Way to Respond?
Old Feb 16, 2020, 9:35 pm
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by rumboj
Look, just because everyone can’t find sweetspots for redemption on AA flights, doesn’t mean that there are none. AA has several partners with award availability. Additionally, there is some sAAver and web special award availability that some might find appealing. As I often check routes for fun, I would say there is more AA availability this year than the same time last year. As an aside, alarmingly, in checking expert flyer, I even see C space just out there...up to C7 on some flights yet so many say they can’t find any. One just has to be willing to look and accept that there might not be availability on flights or routes that one is most desirous of.
Bit of a strawman. I don't recall ever seeing anyone complain "There's no SAAver/upgrade space on this one flight I want." There are, of course, many thousands of posts complaining of a lack of SAAver or upgrade space on some routes on every flight on every day through to the end of the 331-day booking window. Yes, there are some flights with one, the other, or both, and that's great if those work for you. But it can be exceedingly difficult in some cases.