FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's a "King Study" Room at Hampton?
View Single Post
Old Sep 13, 2004, 1:36 pm
Kitty Hawk

I always stay in king-bedded rooms in Hamptons, so I thought that explained it, but then this past Saturday at the Hampton Fairhaven (Mass.), I had a new experience. I stay at this outrageously expensive and shabby Hampton about two or three times a year, and I usually have to fight with them just to get the mingy bottle of water and lousy snack they promise, much less having someone change a burned out light bulb or get working batteries for the TV remote.

But this weekend I was pleased to find an L-shaped room corner room on the top floor with my bottle of water and lousy cookies already there...and no desk! Granted, I had a dining table seating four and a console table in front of the window, but no desk.

As an aside, on my way out to dinner, I stopped to thank the woman at the desk for the upgrade, and she said she liked that room best out of all the rooms in the hotel, including the suites. And in true FlyerTalk style, I left thinking "Suites? This hotel has suites? Why haven't I seen a suite here?"

Just when you think you've found the top....