FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort {US-AZ}
Old Feb 16, 2020, 7:56 am
doss1

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Just returned from a stay here and loved it! We have traveled and stayed at many Hiltons and a few Hilton resorts and felt this was the best vacation we've had yet. FYI we traveled with a 3yr old and everything was super relaxed with minimal people. I don't know if it's considered off season or what, but we often felt like we had the whole resort to ourselves, especially in the pool where we were often alone. As a Diamond, I booked a 2 bed patio and was auto upgraded to a king bed junior suite which was PERFECT for us as it gave us much more space to spread out (perfect for our kid whom slept on the pull out sofa near the big tv). We made full use of the free Diamond breakfast (kids under 6 eat free) which was wonderful. Yes, there was a $7 upcharge if you want to partake in the FULL buffet, but only my son did that as wife and I just ordered from the menu. There was a resort fee of $25 which was not charged on the night we used our free weekend night certificate, but we were charged the fee even on the days we used our points (I thought stays booked on points did not incur the resort fee?). One point of confusion was that the resort had signs for horse stables, tennis, etc and those items are not part of the resort anymore (stable no longer in service, but dilapidated stable structures still stand near the tennis courts). The tennis courts are not part of the resort which was confusing due to the marketing material stating it was. There is a free 2hr golf course amenity as well as 2hr bike rentals (Diamond back models) , free shuttle to parks, etc. Great views all around and there is an hiking trail nearby.

The AMEX Aspire $250 resort credit came in handy as it took care of all of our dinners at the hotel for the week .