FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can't book using reward points - suggestions?
Old Feb 16, 2020, 4:53 am
hotel_user

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by TonyHe
Same issue here, cannot book using rewards points... can’t even change my contact details.

i tried to contact customer service, but was unable to. I’ll try again later on

I can understand Accor "locking" accounts from spending points if they feel that the account has been compromised. There was a lot of hacking a few years ago, and they probably lost a fair few $.

That said it does not help the member.

Accor have our physical address, and could, as a suggestion, post ( ie use a physical item of communication unlikely to have been compromised ) to suggest that the account holder contacts Accor to identify and reinstate the account.

I understand that the address of the member can be also hacked, but Accor should have the original address ( ie before a suspected hack ) and compare that to the address now showing.

well thats my 2c worth

I hope that these attacks do not continue, and that the members affected are compensated for any hotel price increases that may occur whist trying to sort this. Customer services at Accor should be more proactive and knowledgeable in this respect.