FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BAPP 2-41 Voucher conundrum with AMEX
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2020, 4:05 am
email2markt

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
Originally Posted by 'andad
The statement said I had £202 to go, calculated 6 days earlier. In that 6 days I had spent £147 and then stopped spending. 3 differernt agents agreed I had not reached the 10k threshold. I complained that the statement was incorrect or misleading. Amex investigated and said I had overspent by £17, apparently by pending spends. There is no mention of "does not include pending" on the statement, also when I got the statement it was impossible to verify what might have been pending 6 days before statement date. If 3 agents cannot see how i reached the threshold, how am I expected to know "pending" was to blame. And, how to know in the future?
I gave Amex a solution that would have cost them nothing, they bluntly said voucher could not be re-issued (I knew that & didn't ask for that). It has cost them a 2001 customer's goodwill and quite possibly loyalty.
It's interesting that the voucher triggers on pendings as those transactions could easily clear/cancel down. I guess this is Amex trying to be nice and works for most people but if you're trying to time the trigger I can understand why it would be frustrating!