FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion
Old Feb 15, 2020, 10:10 am
ttama

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by bestcoastflyer
Hi looking for advice on using my 2-4-1, trying to get to Vancouver. There’s currently some availability to SEA but not YVR around the time we want to travel. I’m thinking about booking the SEA flights and then keeping an eye to see if YVR availability shows up and changing if it does show up.

I read somewhere that changing North American flights wasn’t a great idea for some fee related reason but can’t seem to re-find that info.

My understanding is if availability to YVR came up after I book the SEA flights I’d pay a small change fee and otherwise it’s relatively simple. Is that true? Any downsides to booking SEA I’m not considering (onward travel to Vancouver notwithstanding)?

Thanks in advance
I've done exactly that in the past. I booked a return to SEA and then YVR availability came up nearer to the travel date. It was easy to change.

There are various transport options between the two cities, either airport to airport or city to city.