FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion
Old Feb 15, 2020, 9:39 am
email2markt

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
I have a complex question regarding adding an open jaw return...

I managed to nab a one-way flight LON-SYD with 2-4-1 earlier this year as I will be moving there for a while (F will give us 6x32kg bags - perfect!) ... however looking ahead for booking future trips back to the UK, it seems that business class tickets are much cheaper ex-EU than ex-AUS (is this true?) ... so now i'm thinking I should try to tack on a return trip to my original Avios flight and continue to book ex-EU flights to AUS with 6 month+ gaps between outbound and return legs.

- Is there a max time limit on Avios bookings between the outbound and return flight? (eg outbound in March, back in December?)
- Can i tack on a return trip to my original booking anytime upto a few days before the outbound flight?
- Could I tack on an open jaw return (returning from SIN/HKG/KUL etc) if i struggle with availability all the way from SYD?
- Can the call centre do all this without putting my outbound flight at risk? (eg do they have to release inventory and rebook)

Big thanks in advance