FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit
Old Feb 14, 2020, 6:53 pm
CCIE_Flyer

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by HIFlya
Why do you feel it is week? Especially compared to Brilliant (I am assuming that is what you were comparing?)
Originally Posted by brp
the free weekend night, if used properly, makes this far from weak. Pretty easy to get $300+ out if this. With resort credit and airline reimbursement, it can be an easy decision for some.
Thank you both for your input! I suppose that I agree with other recent comments in this thread that the airline credits are not particularly useful to many frequent flyers. For example, when I fly UA, I don't really pay any of the kind of fees that are approved for reimbursement. And even when I fly other airlines, it's typically in F/J, so same thing again. So that leaves the free weekend night + resort stuff, which strikes me as somewhat restrictive. With the Brilliant card, I'm automatically good to go w/ $300 kickback, which is a given just from a business travel perspective. And I'm not limited to a weekend on the free night cert.

Am I missing something here? I'm not trying to be in the least controversial - just eyeing this carefully as I consider the jump for my 2020 stay pattern (which may or may not involve a lot of stay time - self-employment can be tricky to predict). Oh, and I'm sure there's a better thread to garner insight into the cost/benefit analysis of the cheaper card for Gold or the more expensive for Diamond - any pointers there will be greatly appreciated...

Best all