FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2020 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Feb 14, 2020, 12:52 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
I have an email e-ticket receipt issue by BA on 5th Jan.

what annoys me is the flights are still running, so the IB website was a bit misleading on ‘Manage booking’ when it said one or more of your flights has been cancelled. My theory is they over issued reward ticket availability, and just decided to cancel.
The more usual reason for this happening is if it didn't fully ticket on the Iberia within the narrow window that Iberia gives for this. Given this was a fully automated booking this shouldn't happen, but if there was a glitch between BA and IB and it wasn't resolved within a short window, IB just cancels the ticket, and no-one follows up on this. It's more of a problem with manually processed bookings. Since you have an e-ticket then you are fully covered legally, Iberia will be the operating airline unless Iberia can prove that BA was at fault. If the GGL team can't resolve this then buy a cash ticket and seek a refund after travel.