FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX - TBIT oneworld Lounge Access (Combined thread)
Old Feb 14, 2020, 11:15 am
teemuflyer

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wanderlustFL
Hi,

Later this year, my spouse and I will be traveling MEL-LAX (QF J)-MIA (AA F, non flagship). We have no OW status. We arrive TBIT (6:10 AM), depart T4, with a 3.5 layover at LAX. We both have Global Entry, so I expect our entry to the U.S. to be pretty quick allowing of plenty of time for lounge access, if feasible, for a quick shower before our transcon. flight. In reading the AA/OW rules and scanning of this board, I understand that we: 1. will not have access to any AA branded lounge in T4, 2. should theoretically have access to the OW lounge in TBIT. and, 3: will be allowed by TSA in TBIT to re-clear security with our Miami bound boarding passes even though our flight departs from T4. So, once we clear immigration/customs at TBIT, my plan is to go through security in TBIT to access the OW lounge on level 5. Then, head to our gate using the TBIT-T4 connector, also on level 5, allowing sufficient time for a security check before we enter T4. Does this plan sound reasonable and, if so, how much lead time would you suggest we allow for before heading to our 9:40 MIA flight? Some much earlier posts on this thread indicate that staff at the OW lounge have been known to deny entry for travelers not departing TBIT. I am also assuming that, as we will access the lounge right around its 6:30 AM opening time, capacity control should not be an issue.
Due to the QF J tickets and then connecting to another OW flight on the same day, you both will have access to the AA Flagship Lounge in T4 and the OW Business Lounge in the TBIT. You can even do both if you have the time. Just save your MEL-LAX boarding pass for quicker validation of your eligibility. You should have no issues accessing either lounge.