FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX - TBIT oneworld Lounge Access (Combined thread)
Old Feb 14, 2020, 9:56 am
wanderlustFL

Programs: UAL 1P, Bonvoy Plat, Delta Silver Med, AA Gold
Hi,

Later this year, my spouse and I will be traveling MEL-LAX (QF J)-MIA (AA F, non flagship). We have no OW status. We arrive TBIT (6:10 AM), depart T4, with a 3.5 layover at LAX. We both have Global Entry, so I expect our entry to the U.S. to be pretty quick allowing of plenty of time for lounge access, if feasible, for a quick shower before our transcon. flight. In reading the AA/OW rules and scanning of this board, I understand that we: 1. will not have access to any AA branded lounge in T4, 2. should theoretically have access to the OW lounge in TBIT. and, 3: will be allowed by TSA in TBIT to re-clear security with our Miami bound boarding passes even though our flight departs from T4. So, once we clear immigration/customs at TBIT, my plan is to go through security in TBIT to access the OW lounge on level 5. Then, head to our gate using the TBIT-T4 connector, also on level 5, allowing sufficient time for a security check before we enter T4. Does this plan sound reasonable and, if so, how much lead time would you suggest we allow for before heading to our 9:40 MIA flight? Some much earlier posts on this thread indicate that staff at the OW lounge have been known to deny entry for travelers not departing TBIT. I am also assuming that, as we will access the lounge right around its 6:30 AM opening time, capacity control should not be an issue.