FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KL GUC Cleared - Seat Selection (on KLM.com) Doesn't Stick
Old Feb 14, 2020, 12:35 am
Utskicat

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hoyt
My original ticket (as issued by my work's travel agency) was KL605 in a V fare. The entire ticket was on 006 stock. I thought, but this very well could have been wrong, that previously when I was booked on a KL marketed flight the DM agents changed me to the DL marketed flight, but that it didn't include a "re-fare." This often happens when I book a trip to/from Europe because I have very little control on how it gets ticketed from my work agency. Perhaps the DM agents could always "just" make this change because the KL fare I booked was higher than a V and was the same price as the DL marketed equivalent. In this case, that was not true. Booking the equivalent DL flight number (DL9380) for KL605 was more expensive.

The DM agents did tell me that I needed to be in a Y, B, M because of my fare but because I was in the 24 hour window, they basically just rebooked me on DL9380 for KL605 with a difference in fare paid directly to DL. That ticket ended up being in an L fare. All of that then enabled the use of a GUC.
This makes sense. You had KL605 V. They reissued under 24 hour risk free cancellation to DL9380 L. Reissued. Then used the GUC and converted back to KL605 Z and reissued. This is how its supposed to happen. I'm really suprised you found an agent that got it right.

Regarding the seat...I've seen this happen before. Very likely, the KLM (Altea) pnr is a mess with all the reissues. You've probably got duplicate segments and possible previous etkts still hooked to the KLM pnr. Here is what I would do (and have done many times). Send a message to the Twitter desk. Tell them you are seeing old segments in the record at KLM.com. Ask them to contact the Joint Venture desk and have the KLM pnr cleaned up. Generally this only takes a few minutes to have done. As soon as its cleaned up, the seat reservation works fine. The automation between DL and KL/AF systems during reissues is horrible. Most of the time if its not cleaned up on the KLM/AF side, when you check-in for a KL/AF flight, check-in won't work and they have to clean it up at the airport. Always good to make sure what you see on KLM.com and AF.com matches the Delta reservation.