FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 13, 2020, 3:28 pm
flymeforfree

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, IHG
Explorist cert to gain Regency Club access

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Just finished a very pleasant stay; here's a few updates...

I booked a Points and Cash Stay; a few weeks before my arrival, one of the VIP Managers (on temporary assignment from Palm Springs) reached out to me to confirm my arrival. She initially upgraded us into an oceanfront room in the Atrium Tower. I asked about a cash upgrade and was quoted $300 per night for a Napili Suite and $210 per night for a Lahaina Suite. I chose the latter after confirming that 980 would be tentatively blocked for us.

Arrival (Friday, around 5 pm) was a bit of a mess, with only one agent staffing check in. I was told that the video camera showing the queue to the back office managers is broken, so the Front Desk can be understaffed at times. After a short wait, we were checked into Suite 880; I guess 980 was needed for someone else. In any case, I didn't find 880 to be much different than 980. The rooms are certainly showing a bit of wear and tear, so it should be no surprise to any that the entire Lahaina Tower will be undergoing a refresh by the end of the year. In fact, much of the Lahaina Parking Lot is now taken up by construction trailers and equipment. I was lucky enough to find parking (arriving just after the luau ends helps), but this is going to be an issue for the foreseeable future here for others. I hope they will be able to upgrade the a/c; it had a hard time keeping our room cool with the 90 degree temps outside.

I used an Explorist cert to gain Regency Club access; the location as the base of the Lahaina Tower was very convenient for us. The staff was friendly as always, especially to the returning guests who frequent the hotel each year. No complaints on the quality or variety of food offerings.

We found the pools at the HRC next door to be much more peaceful and less crowded to the HR; we certainly will frequent those in the future.

We walked from the hotel up to Whalers Village to do some shopping and lunch at the Monkeypod Grill and rode the free trolley back. The stop for the Hyatt is basically by the self-park lot, so it's a bit of a walk into the lobby, but still a nice perk.

Overall, a very solid and relaxing stay.

How does one obtain a Explorist Certificate?