FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Amex annual fees now total over $2,000 - help me prune
Old Feb 13, 2020, 11:46 am
entropy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I think the Hilton aspire is well worth it. Even though I earn diamond without the card, between the $250 airline credit and the $250 resort credit (which is easy to use going to vegas) and the free room it more than pays for the $450 annual fee, not to mention all the bonus points at Hilton. My only complaint with this card is I wish they would people who earn diamond another benefit.

If you fly from JFK on Delta a lot, the reserve card is worth keeping. The skyclub is very nice and if you don't have a regular Am Ex platinum you'll also have centurion lounge access when that club finally opens in T4
Now that DL reserve comes with Centurion lounge, does it make sense to hold the schwab platinum?

I do think that the Hilton Aspire is worth it, I do use the 250 resort credit and the free night, which I find is worth the fee. The Marriott one you don't get Plat unless you spend 75k so I don't know where you get the free breakfast bit from. Its not like you're really getting upgrades. You do need to spend some decent coin to make it worth point multipliers against the annual fees for a lot of the cards.