FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska / AS joining oneworld 31 Mar 2021, AA launching SEA-BLR/LHR
Old Feb 13, 2020, 10:07 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by rasheed
I like that AA could change their perspective from just five months ago on AS. Good on them. Still, I feel this is more about getting traffic up on routes including from LAX as AA indicated to work than pushing against Delta because it is going to be very hard for AA to do international at SEA even with AS ground support. AA can try to fight DL, but if it becomes costly, AA could lose quickly.

I like how AA can launch this route with more corporate support and less marketing than perhaps before.
I’m not sure AA changed their perspective; AA and AS were required to distance themselves by regulators when the Virgin America acquisition was approved. With AS joining oneworld, that pretty much changes to a full oneworld membership (not oneworld connect, as some had speculated) and all one world passenger reciprocal treatment.

It doesn’t look like international support is seen as much of a problem by AA, with new flights to BLR and LHR. BA et al do international longhaul flying without much apparent problems.