FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:17 am
onobond
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by skicowboys
You reminded me in December that I only had 3 hrs left to book because of the time difference, sadly I didn't get the flights booked in time, which is on me. Having waited 44 days or whatever it was, like you I was hoping for a similar size discount to last time as for 2 of us for 2 runs that's an extra £350-£400. I did, at the time, take advantage of the WT+ positioning flights in the BA sale, so I now feel like I'm playing a game of chicken. If I don't book something before Sept we'll have 9 days in AUH! Fingers crossed for better next time.
There is of course no guarantee for another sale with a discount of the same magnitude as what has been coming, being extended, going and coming back again.

As I already have 2 trips in both April and October, I have concluded that this sale is not for me. For you being two, and already made reservations for positioning, I certainly don't envy yo right now. But, and a very large but, there's more than half a year until September.

As I said in the post you qoute above, I'll be waiting for a 'real' sale (-40%) within weeks/couple of months.
If I'm wrong, you might need to be looking for a sale of sunscreen with high SPF to endure 9 days in DXB