FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska / AS joining oneworld 31 Mar 2021, AA launching SEA-BLR/LHR
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:10 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by stewlevine
I didn't see anything in the press release or in any of the initial blog reactions, but does anyone know when frequent flier benefits return? I am flying the first week of March on AS DAL-OGG on an AA award, it would be great (however unlikely) if all of a sudden I had a free baggage allowance again
Originally Posted by JoeWoodstock
Over the weekend, I just booked a flight on AS AUS-SFO for late March. I'm wondering if there will be any way to credit the miles for this flight to AA or get any status/better seating for the trip. My guess is "no," but never hurts to ask...

Thanks,
--woodstock

I doubt that will happen anywhere close to that soon.

• Alaska Airlines intends to join the oneworld® alliance, the world's fastest growing and most highly rated global airline alliance, by summer 2021, which will connect Alaska guests to more than 1,200 destinations worldwide.

Alaska seeks full oneworld membership

Alaska intends to join oneworld, the world’s fastest growing and most highly rated global airline alliance. Once approved, oneworld membership will allow Alaska Mileage Plan loyalty members to earn and redeem miles through oneworld’s more than 1,200 international destinations. The alliance enables reciprocal benefits on other member airlines, such as priority check-in and boarding, access to preferred seats and free checked bags...

The implementation of the expanded relationship and other arrangements described herein is subject to the negotiation and execution of definitive documentation and governmental review.
”Once approved...” Thoigh I’m sure there has been some talk behind the scenes, it’s likely to take some time for a join of an airline; they say summer 2021, though I’d love it to be sooner. But next month, not likely IMO.

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 13, 2020 at 8:31 am