FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion
Old Feb 13, 2020, 7:07 am
T8191
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by wdcosta117
Hello All,

<huge snip>
Lastly – BA Customer Services were absolutely brilliant. I did ask the agent while trying to kill time, what in her opinion was the hardest route to book on redemption as she just works on Avios bookings. Cape Town apparently.
Well done, and glad your efforts were rewarded!

You last paragraph I find quite interesting. We’ve done CPT on a 2-4-1 in Club World in 2016, 2017 and 2018 - and got the round trips booked at the same time without burning any midnight oil! OK, the first one was easy as it was the launch of the LGW-CPT route. I screwed up for 2019 by forgetting to try to book until far too late, and ended up paying QR.

For 2020 we’re going again on a 2-4-1, but this time I wasn’t able to book the round trip at the outset ... so grabbed a suitable available outbound over the phone and waited! Tracking https://rewardflightfinder.com over the next couple of weeks created a certain tension, as returns showed up ... and then disappeared. Eventually, one morning at around 0900, 2 return seats were showing on a suitable date, giving us just over 2 weeks down there. Quick call to the BA Gold line, return added, Avios adjusted and there in MMB is our e-ticket. No midnight phone calls, no lost sleep ... just flexibility and patience. That resulted in the outbound from LHR (747 - yay!) and return to LGW (777 - boo!)... and with the JER-LGW legs bolted on.

Perhaps we’ve just been extraordinarily lucky? These trips have been late-Nov and Dec, which is certainly ZA Summer!

Last edited by T8191; Feb 13, 2020 at 12:01 pm