FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Schengen Visa from USA
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2020, 6:35 am
cafeconleche

Well, one's plans can change after applying for a particular visa. So, if you initially 'intend' to spend most time in France and apply for a French Schengen visa, but then change your plans, this is entirely appropriate, and questioning at the border shouldn't really be an issue, if it even occurs. Friends and relatives of mine have indeed done this, and have not reported anything but a flawless Schengen entry. There may be particular problematic ports of entry or combinations - this I don't know - but applying for a visa from a consulate and then never visiting that country in the end is not really an issue. Remember, you might visit the country intra-Schengen and spend most of your time there in the end, and there would be no stamp to prove it.

Having said that, I don't know which country is easiest and most lenient with regard to the issuance of visas.

EDIT: Friends and relatives of mine have had GENUINE changes of plans, and not with the intent to deceive. Not sure why I put INTENT in quotes.

Last edited by cafeconleche; Feb 14, 2020 at 1:32 am Reason: clarification