FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion
Old Feb 13, 2020, 2:56 am
wdcosta117

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by wdcosta117
Feel like all i do is ask questions on here, so apologies.

Managed to book the 241 reward flight last night in CW to Male online

Now need to add the inbound flight T-355 by calling BA US or Japan office 12am here. However BA customer services mentioned that i can call a reward flight number thats associated to the voucher on the day as they are open till 1am. Looking for this number to no avail - though anyone else heard of this? Really dont want to take any risks on the inbound. Maybe best to stick to what people have advised on this topic and calling overseas BA customer services 10mins before midnight.
Hello All,

So as mentioned last week thought id provide you an update on the return redemption flight. Hopefully this helps someone as much as all the help I received from here.

Added the Vodafone international call bundle for £3 a month which gives you 100mins. (It auto renews every month so you’ll need to cancel it manually).

Called the US office at 11:40pm GMT the day before I needed to, to test the water. First point of contact is someone who direct your calls to the relevant team (this took a good 10mins). Kind of stumbled my words and was put through to new bookings. Once I got through - the kind customer service agent advised that I should ask for Avios and Miles Team (cant remember the exact name, though will edit the post once I remember) as they deal with these requests. All in all took around 15mins.

Next day waited again till 11:40pm this time it took me 5mins to get through to the first point of contact. Asked to speak to the Avios Team which took another 5mins. Went through security, the booking reference, and that was it. They knew exactly what I wanted and just confirmed it. The cringy part was keeping the lady on the phone for what seemed and eternity until it turned midnight. However she was lovely and was counting down the minutes with me with some brief chit chat in-between. 1minute to midnight she put me on hold and said she will come back once reserved. 5mins later she came back and pretended they went, before it set-in she said don’t worry I have the tickets. Confirmed the price and Avios plus card paying with and was booked. She asked me to check my emails to make sure I have the confirmation and all details are correct.

So all in all went so smoothly and now have my 241 voucher booked to the Maldives in Club World both ways. May thanks to all that helped me, the wiki, and for others that had to read all my questions and bumping this topic to the first page for weeks.

Lastly – BA Customer Services were absolutely brilliant. I did ask the agent while trying to kill time, what in her opinion was the hardest route to book on redemption as she just works on Avios bookings. Cape Town apparently.