FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2020 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:00 pm
RetiredSFOATC

Programs: AS, UA, AA, HiltonHonors
Newly MVP Gold - Your thoughts, please...

Hello Talkers. After several years as MVP, I finally got to Gold for 2020. I'm familiar with the drill as a "plain" MVP, what to look/ask for, what I don't have chance for, etc. And I have certainly read Alaska's page on Gold benefits, which, while helpful, doesn't always apply to "real world" situations. So - my questions: For those of you who have been or are currently Gold, what benefits of this status do you use and appreciate most? What tricks of the trade have you learned that would help newbies like me? From the little I have gleaned so far, it appears that SDCs are really popular. Ditto the change fee waivers (am I reading correctly that it makes sense to book something when it's only a glint in my eye, regardless of fare, knowing that I can change down the road at no cost if a better fare becomes available?).

Any suggestions, specific or general, from you experienced veterans will be greatly appreciated, including re-direction to a thread that discusses this in some detail (I looked, but couldn't find...).