FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A festive trip to New Orleans - BA First and AA
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:54 am
stu1985

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
AA274, LAX - JFK, N103NN, A321

Took my seat at the from of the Business cabin on the left. Pillow and cosy cover were waiting at the seat along with menus. Love these lie flat seats on the trasncon flights!

The usual pre-departure drinks of champagne, water and orange juice were offered to passengers. Top-ups were also offered as there was some delay in boarding for whatever reason.

See you next time, LA! Took off over the ocean on a beautifully sunny day for the 5 and a half hour jaunt across the US.

At cruising altitude (YAWN!) the captain came over the blower and the seatbelt sign went off. Crew sprung into action with warm nuts and drinks.

The disgusting beetroot and goat's cheese timbale was left well alone and instead, I enjoyed the delicious salad with leaves, strawberries, sunflower seeds and a balsamic vinaigrette.

The tamarind chicken was also really tasty - the coconut curry sauce was great for the dish.

Nice views on the way.....

It wouldn't be a transcon flight without an AA sundae! I could have had a few of these!

Unfortauntely, the flight attendant dropped a glass of red wine towards me as she was putting it down. Even more unfortunately, I was wearing a white shirt..... Straight to the bathroom to try and wash the stains out because I was needing it for the day after (all I had in my hand luggage was my BA F pyjama top for the flight back to London!). She was horrified that she had done it but I was fine with her. Mistakes happen. They gave me some warm towels and, to be fair, when I tucked the shirt in instead of leaving it hanging out, you couldn't see most of the stain. The flight attendant thanked me and said that not everyone would have taken it as well as me!

Spent the next few hours watching the in-flight entertainment and sipping on red wine. Before I knew it, we were approaching New York in the darkness. Not before a warm cookie though!

Welcome to New York!

I hopped on the Air Train across to the BA terminal. Security was pretty busy but it wasn't long before I was upstairs in the lounge where I had a couple of hours to chill.

Not much to speak of by way of food so I just headed down to the gate before boarding commenced.

BA182, JFK - LHR, G-VIIK, B777

These short overnight flights are never great but this one was one of the more forgettable of ones I have taken. The crew on this flight just didn't seem bothered at all. Whether they were at the end of a few flights over the last few days or didn't get much sleep the night before, I don't know. They just looked like they couldn't be arsed. Tray of champagne or water was taken around and all I got from the guy was "Drink?" with a look on his face.

Breakfast tickets were at the seats too.

I hadn't eaten in the lounge so was going to take a snack before going to bed. However, 40 mins after take off, the crew still hadn't even started the drinks service. Yeah, this crew was very sub par. I thought to myself "sack this" and set up the bed and went to sleep until the captain made his announcement in the morning.

BA1314, LHR - ABZ, G-EUPY, A319

After a few hours in the FLounge in Terminal 5 and some much needed food, it was time for the short hop back to Aberdeen. Enjoyed a nice salad and a few red wines before getting back to Aberdeen in the early evening.

That was the end to a great trip to New Orleans. Wouldn't hesitate to return there. I really enjoyed the music scene there. The food was brilliant, as were the beers (the Hurricanes!) and the company.

Thanks for reading along...... until next time!