FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion
Old Feb 11, 2020, 8:26 am
TWCLAM

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
I don't think that is the case. We had a 241 trip planned and paid for but then changed it 6 months or so later when F became available. This ended up being a cancel and re-book, which I hadn't really thought through, as by then the card which earned the original voucher, and had paid the taxes, had been closed. It all worked - the taxes, points and voucher came back, we used it for the new booking and paid the new taxes with a new (Amex) card. The only hiccup was having to call amex to get the refund, which had been applied to a closed card, transferred across to an existing card.

I've just done a dummy 241 booking - the payment page defaults to my saved cards (strange, none of which is the 241 earning card - must fix that) and also gives the option to use a new card. So, I think the only stipulation is that you use an Amex to pay for 241 bookings.
Agree. The rules might say somewhere that the card holder name must name that on the voucher but I've paid for Mrs Clam's booking and vice versa on Amex 2-4-1's I think as long as it's on an Amex then BA don't care even though it's probably written somewhere that they should. None have been cancelled by Amex yet ( fingers crossed!) and we've flown on one of them without issue doing it that way.