FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:19 am
vintagepilot

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by Keystone
I think BA/Amex's policy has recently changed on this. I made an online outward 2-4-1 just before Christmas using Mrs K's voucher and with her as the lead traveller. The web site only offered me the option of using her Amex Card and I couldn't see how to change it to mine. When I rang (as her nominee) to make the inbound booking the agent specifically said the card must be the same name as the voucher. Does the Wiki need updating?
I don't think that is the case. We had a 241 trip planned and paid for but then changed it 6 months or so later when F became available. This ended up being a cancel and re-book, which I hadn't really thought through, as by then the card which earned the original voucher, and had paid the taxes, had been closed. It all worked - the taxes, points and voucher came back, we used it for the new booking and paid the new taxes with a new (Amex) card. The only hiccup was having to call amex to get the refund, which had been applied to a closed card, transferred across to an existing card.

I've just done a dummy 241 booking - the payment page defaults to my saved cards (strange, none of which is the 241 earning card - must fix that) and also gives the option to use a new card. So, I think the only stipulation is that you use an Amex to pay for 241 bookings.