FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone decide to do Un-compensated trip cancellation due to Coronavirus?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 8:01 pm
benjahman

Was scheduled on CX JFK-HKG(staying for 4 nights) and then on to MNL. Canceled purely because we could not get into MNL from HKG via CX. Was bummed as I really wanted to try the new Rosewood HK.

Initially, Rosewood was not refundable for the one night deposit I paid (over $1k) however, after some discussion with my travel advisor, they were willing to cancel and refund completely.

Booked JFK to Tokyo (4 nights there) and then on to MNL. Not terribly concerned about virus in Tokyo, just practice general awareness and hygiene, and I suspect all will be fine. Curious to see how this all plays out in the next month (scheduled to depart March 19). I did notice a drop in hotel rates in Tokyo (at least at the Andaz) which was appreciated and I suspect due to virus concerns, as Sakura season will be in play and hotel costs are usually at a high.
*Edit: not really the exact topic of the thread, just wanted to share my two cents...*

Last edited by benjahman; Feb 10, 2020 at 8:11 pm