FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ALL Gold Member Overcharged - Sofitel Los Angeles
Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:24 pm
gibosity

Programs: AAP Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Rewargds, Qantas FF, United Club
ALL Gold Member Overcharged - Sofitel Los Angeles

I recently booked in to stay at the Sofitel Los Angeles, and was charged $345 for one night. I booked a month in advance, and booked the Advance Saver rate, trying to get in before a price rise.

Out of curiosity, I checked again today only to find that the price for the same night is now only $295! I called ALL to query this, and was told the price had been lowered because demand was lowered, but they're not willing to match the price or refund any money.

My question is - why wasn't this the price originally? When I booked a month ago, demand would have been low then as well. So why wasn't the price reflective of this? And as a Gold member, surely I should have access to the best rate possible? I can even get on Hotels.com right now and book the room for $309.

What is the point of having any sort of loyalty to a hotel program, and booking early, when it means there's a chance you'll pay MORE than anyone else?

Accor have told me there's nothing they can do, and aren't willing to help at all. I've kicked it up to management, but doubt I'll get anything in response. Am now looking for suggestions for other loyalty programs I can join.