FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation- Major collapse of AA coming in next year due to IT?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 3:54 pm
milesandmoremiles

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by TSparky
Last Thursday when CLT was shut down for thunderstorms and then a tornado, my flight YYZ-CLT was showing on time. Also the incoming flight CLT-YYZ was showing on time even though CLT was shut down and the incoming flight there was heldup somewhere else. When I call the EXP line I was told since they were both showing on time they couldn't change my ticket. This seems like an IT issue or at least an interface issue.

As for the baggage issue in the app, I've noticed the same thing. I'll need to click in to the find my bag link to actually find out the current status. Happened Sun night and last Thu both. Restarting the app/phone doesn't seem to help.
If flight statuses weren't being updated during the severe weather at CLT thats not because of IT issues, its because people including staff had to evacuate from some work areas and id imagine had no access to update FLIFO. Even the control tower had to be evacuated.