FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Traveling with Children beginner's guide
View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:09 am
albpenny

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Thanks. I think I thought having the buggy would be easier, as we'll be building in plenty of buffer time, so there could end up being an extended time in the lounge/airport. Then again if we have to take them out for security that adds to the faff.
you'll have to take them out the carriers too at security and put the carrier through the security machine. what will happen is that each of you will hold a baby while going through the scanner and then you go through again without holding a baby. To give an example, I go through the scanner while my husband holds my son. Then i go back through to collect my son and carry him though so he is scanned along side me. Whether to take a buggy will depend on whether you think it's more faff to unstrap at security from a carrier than from a buggy, and then have to fold buggy up at the gate. Personally i find a carrier easier and when in the lounge i just find a quiet space, put a blanket down and let my son play on that. It's upon arrival that I find the buggy a faff but YMMV, particularly as the buggy may be on the carousel at the other end rather than at the gate!