FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 9, 2020, 5:45 pm
txhyattlvr

Originally Posted by jameswes
Just to follow up since it is getting a lot of meh/negative reviews here. I found a great weekend summer rate and thought that for NYC standards, their Andaz suite was great. It was very spacious, I thought it had a nice bed, had no issues with climate control (it was in low 80s in early August).

For an Andaz, the breakfast is pretty pathetic. It's on par with an average Hyatt Regency (probably a little lower since they don't give you the option to order off the menu). Pastries and bagels, an egg dish on a warmer, a meat dish on a warmer, oatmeal, a couple of bowls of fruit, etc. I wish I'd thought to check Prive rates so that I would get two full breakfasts (with a menu) instead of their buffet, but oh well.

It is not a hotel I would actively avoid. I liked that wall street is quieter, but still has relatively easy access to transit. It worked really well as a base from which to explore NYC.

Its arguably a T&C violation for them to NOT let you order off the menu...