FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos
Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:53 am
Genius1
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
LHR-WAW (Band 3)
Breakfast
July 2019

No menus. I asked whether the omelette had cheese and was told no, but sure enough it contained feta (and avocado).

The English breakfast had run out when I asked for it as an alternative (and I didn’t fancy the cold cuts plate).

The purser was most apologetic, double checked the menu notes and there was no mention of cheese - even in the allergens! He offered more pastries and a couple of yogurt pots from an unused cold cuts trays, as well as his crew breakfast (which I couldn't accept) - decent service recovery, and he said he’d make a note of the error in his flight report. I was called by customer relations a short while after the trip who explained that it was likely that the meal tray I received was a top-up tray delivered late to the aircraft, and wasn't the meal intended to be served per the menu.

WAW-LHR (Band 3)
Rest of the Day
July 2019

A very nice baked (although somewhat overcooked) vegetable risotto. The alternative was cod or a chicken salad. I’ve had the cod before which is also pleasant.

The starter of plain chopped tomato and mozzarella is completely pointless, the cheese and crackers continue to be decent and the dessert pot just passable.

Menus and bar service, followed by excellent service with regular top-ups despite at least ten virtually full rows of CE on an A321. They had only got one drip dish for teabags available, however.

For my review of the hotel that featured in this trip and scenes from Warsaw, see Hotel Review: InterContinental Warsaw

Last edited by Genius1; Feb 9, 2020 at 11:05 am