FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2020 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!
Old Feb 8, 2020, 12:14 pm
emag_eh7

Programs: AS Peon
My SO and I booked a number of flights through February and the beginning of March in January, and a majority of them are Saver fares because we fully anticipated taking them. Well, life happens, and now my SO is on the other side of the country alongside her father in the hospital, and it looks like none of these flights will be happening now.

I know that purchasing Saver means that we are unable to get anything back from calling and cancelling, I'm not trying to argue that. I knew that when I booked, and will certainly take this as a lesson to just buy main cabin in the future. However, is there any chance that I might get a rep that could offer something if I call in to cancel one/some of the flights? I don't need a full refund or anything, but just a small amount of AS credit back would take the sting away a bit. Its about $800 in flights I still have yet to cancel, plus one that has already gone by (cancelled with nothing offered). I'm also going to be flying AS to be with my SO at least a few times over the next month or so, and that flight will be more expensive (I'm looking at going this weekend and its about $500 RT).

Again, I'm not complaining about the fare rules, and I'm not begging/whining for credit. Just wondering if anyone has had a kind rep offer them anything in a similar situation.