FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wuhan coronavirus outbreak — worries as it spread to HK & beyond
Old Feb 7, 2020, 11:10 pm
lsquare
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Cryofern
In addition to the pool/steam room/sauna closures mentioned above, and the regular stuff about sanitization that I saw in many hotels:
  • within a few hours of the Wuhan couple being sent to the hospital, the elevator lobby had a new sign reading "Access to guest room floors are [[i]sic] for registered guests only." (and in Chinese too, of course)
  • buffet breakfast in the hotel bar was closed starting 2020-01-29 or 2020-01-30; the bar itself still opened at around 15:00
  • the all-day dining venue on the lobby level remained open, including for a la carte breakfast; starting 2020-01-31, a temperature check was required before seating
  • looking at the hotel from the outside in the evening, almost all of the occupied rooms were in the upper half (floors ~30+) of the building
  • after normal check-out time at noon, hotel staff in masks and surgical scrubs went through the entire floor with large rolling bins and took all of the linens in all of the rooms for disinfecting somewhere
(Incidentally, I'm still confused as to what exactly happened with the couple from Wuhan, because the letter above and the visiting Centre for Health Protection personnel gave different stories regarding whether those two from Wuhan actually stayed at the hotel as registered guests.)
I forgot to mentioned earlier that the Marriott Ocean Park does a temperature check during check-in, but that was it. Not sure how effective that is.