FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Repeated waves of passengers wanting to abandon delayed flight ---> crew time-out
Old Feb 7, 2020, 8:07 pm
jp12687

Originally Posted by SS255
In addition, they are not allowed to carry items (luggage, money) outside of an enclosed area. (Also very complicated to explain what constitutes an “enclosed area.”) The bottom line is that if the arrival + travel time to their ultimate destination would potentially risk violating the Sabbath, they should not have boarded the plane at all. I think that most people do not consider the welfare of others, or the cost to UA, when they ask to deplane — whatever the reason may be.
yup but that is where personal responsibility needs to come in. If they were connecting onwards and that was a huge concern then they should have abandoned before boarding the plane at 12:45am. What changed between 12;45 and 1:30? 45 min after boarding we are pushing back from the gate. That’s a super reasonable amount of time to expect boarding to take. Late night there was no line at EWR so we could have just rolled out and taken off.

by the 3rd group and post announcement it was a bad joke. I believe in religious freedom and expression but I also believe in not being a self centered jerk and and taking accountability for your actions as an adult.