FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Amex annual fees now total over $2,000 - help me prune
Old Feb 7, 2020, 3:56 pm
Adelphos

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by Super Mario
I think #1 is almost a no-brainer. That's over $400 in AFs that just aren't valuable. The Gold vs Green is a toss up. The 1% dining isn't a game-changer, but what about grocery? If you're flying a lot, could you use the travel credit? I know that you already got free luggage through delta.

I kind of question what you would need the Platinum for if you keep the Delta Reserve. If you're flying through Delta the majority of your time and staying at Marriott with your Marriott cards, is the Platinum for breakfast at Hilton and an extra 1% or 2 on airfare?
I’ve debated this for months... here is why I lean towards keeping both

1) My Platinum card is the Charles Schwab version, which lets you cash out MR at 1.25 cents
2) I use Amex FHR at least once a year
3) I get value out of Hilton and Marriott gold - if I cancel my Surpass, I will still need to hold it for Hilton gold purpose (I get Marriott gold through Bonvoy and will likely make Plat this year)
4) I get full value out of Uber and Saks, and usually, the airline credits

Honestly even if the Amex Plat was just a collection of benefits I paid $550 a year for instead of a charge card, I think it would be worth it for me