FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why do you bother with AA?
View Single Post
Old Feb 7, 2020, 11:45 am
tomj888

Programs: UA1K, 1MM,AA Exec. Platinum, Global Entry, Nexus
Great thread with potential for a myriad of answers. Many will wank and complain. But for me AA offers me:
1. Best routing for where my life takes me
2. Opportunity to use my SWU's at the time of reservation for places and hard products I don't mind flying TPAC or TATL.
3. Lifetime Gold, so at 6'3" i can choose any exit row or bulkhead seat.
4. Domestically, I fly coach W->E and F on the return. Fares are not that outrageous unless flying to JFK.
5. I've had a few IRROPS and based on my experiences, Admiral's club staff bent over backwards to get me home, no matter how stupid the routing was. In these instances, I was raised to be kind, caring and compassionate to people, so when I'm frustrated and pissed due to the "situation", I remember the agents are there to help me and not to blame. Got lots of war stories of DYKWIA people not getting what they want and I'm on the flight in their seat.
6. One world is ok. It works for me. JAL and BA are ok. See #5 . Being nice gets you places and seats.
7. MOST important, yet also the saddest thing. LOWERING my expectations.

It won't change so this is the new reality and norm. Expecting anything less than this is the epitome of stupidity.