FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why do you bother with AA?
View Single Post
Old Feb 7, 2020, 7:16 am
Mynoles1

Programs: AA, 3MM
I'm another that is hub-captive with DFW. After 30+ years, 3.5MM, Lifetime Plat and all that which means very little, it's just easier to stick with AA at this point. My EXP/Airpass, 150K miles/year travel days are behind me now (fortunately) so it's mostly convenience at this point. When things go bad, as they will, I at least know who to call to get myself out of the situation. I know that I am no longer the target audience for AA's services, so therefore I know what to expect and seldom disappointed because my expectations are so low. Expect little, get little, arrive safe and walk away.

For our int'l leisure travel I am more of a free agent, for sure. We still use AA a lot being we do the Caribbean frequently. Otherwise, Air France gets us to Paris/Europe and Cathay handles the orient. I'll take AA as miles allow, pricing or schedule dictates, but I'm not a fan of DFW Customs & Immigration compared to some other airports, which makes my free agent decisions easier at times, but that is not an indictment against AA whatsoever.