FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]
Old Feb 6, 2020, 4:59 pm
escape4

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by gobears293
I expected a different reply based on experiences detailed in this thread. Never assumed I'd get a Mt. O view upgrade no-questions-asked, but surprised they didn't even offer paid upgrades.
Well, I have not seen your e-mail to them so I cannot comment, but based on your previous post I assumed that you asked about complimentary upgrades, not paid upgrades:

Should I anticipate any complimentary upgrade to an OWB? Haven't seen the room type changed on my account. Wondering if it takes a call to even get the complimentary upgrade processed?
In light of this, I thought their response was normal if you asked about complimentary upgrades. If you expected a different reply based on experienceS in this thread then please let me know what led you to believe that complimentary upgrades were given months ahead of time at this property. Admittedly, I have not read the entire thread, that said I have indeed seen one person mention it which is quite surprising because hotels rarely upgrade for free a long time in advance. But I have not seen multiple such reports.

For paid upgrades yes they could have offered it, but to be honest if I was in charge of responding to such e-mails to clients, I am not sure I would suggest a paid upgrade if the client is asking about complimentary upgrades. It might sound a bit pushy/greedy, so in my opinion their response was fine. If you ask straight up for paid upgrades I am quite sure they'll give you a price.