FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking Super Value tickets on US site?
View Single Post
Old Feb 6, 2020, 12:30 pm
zedkyuu

Programs: Chase, Amex, SWA, UAL, DAL
Booking Super Value tickets on US site?

I was booking a flight from KIX to CTS on Apr. 30 last night and ran into this. The numbers are still the same today.

Google Flights says: 11,510 yen (USD$105) via ANA for NH1713. Clicking the link takes me to ANA domestic ticketing.
However, if I go to ANA and search on the US site, it goes through the international reservation system, which produces $255.10 for the same flight.

Looking at the ANA reservation page, it looks like the 11,510 fare is the Super Value fare. The next one up is the Value fare at 27,610 yen, which according to XE is about $251. Looking at the US search page shows both Value and Flex fares, so that basically agrees with the Japan site.

However, there doesn't appear to be any way to book Super Value tickets on the US site. Does anyone know why?

Also, if anyone is wondering why I don't just book on the Japan site, it's because my wife's last name is longer than the box will allow (17 characters vs. 15). I guess that's a quirk of the domestic reservation system. Rather than guess, I decided to go through expedia.co.jp instead, which took the bits of her last name that didn't fit and stuck them in front of her first name (so instead of LASTNAME FIRSTNAME, it's like LASTNA MEFIRSTNAME). I hope that works...