FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: UA only (2020-21)
Old Feb 6, 2020, 11:29 am
Dr Jabadski

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
… be aware that once refunded by UA the pet fee may remain on your reservation in some fashion thus precluding you from choosing exit row seats on-line....
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
… For those applicable, it may also preclude the “Complimentary Premier Upgrade Requested” display on the reservation and presumably being on the CPU list...
One more aggravation: Pet Fee (even after cancellation and refund) will preclude receiving the Check-In reminder email 24 hours prior to flight, because on-line check-in is not allowable with a pet. Gotta love this technology . I wonder what else, that we are unaware of, is affected .

Thus, repercussions of using pet fee credit on UA (which I've experienced):

- Cannot select exit row seats.

- Will not be eligible for CPU.

- No Check-In reminder email 24 hours prior to flight.

Requires specifically asking a phone agent to correct each of the 3 issues. Unfortunately for me, that ended up being 3 different phone calls, next time I’ll try to remember to do it all in one call. Problem is, it will be a year from now and by then I’ll probably forget all this , or they will have eliminated the method .