FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA accounts restricted (Nov/Dec 2019)
View Single Post
Old Feb 6, 2020, 11:14 am
dmsdfw

Programs: AA PLT 3MM
Originally Posted by sbrower
Disagree. I suspect that they are working account by account. For each one they either: a) terminate (which seems to be 100% from reports to date); or, b) send a request for certain clarifying data (none so far); or, c) unlock with note saying account access has been restored after investigation (none so far). I do NOT anticipate that any accounts will "remain" locked but not otherwise dealt with.
I wouldn't be surprised if there are actually a large number of accounts that have been locked, analyzed and subsequently unlocked without the account holder ever knowing. My pure guess is that when they realized there was a problem they needed to address they created an automated task to quickly lock all accounts with an activity pattern that met some criteria that typifies the abuse and are now going through each one actually looking at them manually and unlocking or terminating as needed.

Remember that the people aware of the locking, through this or other forums, are much more likely to be "guilty", and therefore ultimately be terminated, than the average. Therefore, it's not surprising that there are no reports of being being locked and later unlocked here.