FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]
Old Feb 5, 2020, 5:53 pm
mharlan100

Originally Posted by gobears293
Well I sure got an interesting reply:

"I am pleased to let you know that as a Titanium Bonvoy member, you are indeed eligible for an upgrade, however, please note it is only upon check-in and subject to availability."

Wonder if the email version of HUCA would at all be helpful or I should just wait a week or so and give the resort a call.
I don't think it will make a difference since you are emailing a group mailbox. Could be the same person responding. Either way, they probably are aware of the previous communication.

I couldn't say why myself and others were upgraded many months in advance. There are probably many possible reasons, including higher occupancy in April. I suspect that most hotels don't upgrade until check in or close to it.

A call will probably not yield a different result, but it probably won't hurt anything either. Sadly, if you must have overwater, paying for it is probably the best thing. Perhaps then if you get an upgrade, maybe it would be to the mountain view.