Old Feb 4, 20, 2:11 pm
theboss7593

Programs: UA *S, Marriott Platinum, AMEX PLAT,HH Gold, Amtrak Select, PP
Originally Posted by MfromL View Post
LIM still does not have the new terminal. They are about to start building it, but only after the new runway is done (somewhere mid 2021). The new terminal is expected to open in 2023, and the full renewed airport (1 new terminal + 2 parallel operating runways + business center + old terminal converted into logistics area) to be done at the end of 2024 or beginning of 2025. But these are estimates and the project is already 5 years overdue.
They do have an extension of the terminal that is brand new. But only a handful of the gates are being used, a lounge was suppose to go in that area.

Ironically I flew into JFK in the early hours of Feb 2nd (1AM) on AA just as (Day 2 of T4) of the XL JFK-GYE flight was departing and it indeed was pulling out of Terminal 4 (around B27 ish I believe). T8 was an absolute ghost town, with just CX going out after 11PM (and only 2 AA after 10PM) I wonder if they will really keep flagship open for 10 people until 12:30 daily. Now with 2-3 LATAM flights gone from that 10-12:30am window. CX is all that remains late night.

Last edited by theboss7593; Feb 4, 20 at 2:18 pm