FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No refund or redeposit for award tickets <72 hours - change in applied policy?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 8:25 am
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
I have had hundreds of awards and redeposits for my family of 5 often double and triple booking combinations of one way trips of many permutations and combinations for each of us. As long as a booking is not impossible/conflicting it is within the rules and I have never been told otherwise. No different than frequently buying the cheapest F and doing SDC to a more expensive F same-day booking.
None of this has anything to do with OP's situation.

It isn't as though individual analysts at DL are placing notes in profiles. It is simply that big data metrics let DL spot trends and then have the "offending" accounts annotate accounts appropriately.

From a customer service perspective, the good balance is to occasionally help top customers out, but not let things go entirely such that people begin to think that they are exempt from the rules. Alternatively, if DL is going to grant a waiver of a rule, better to let it be known and then derive the brand enhancement it creates.

I