FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do you fill out a Survey? Something I learned...
Old Feb 4, 2020, 7:22 am
kcaluwae

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
We once stayed in a 5-star boutique hotel in India. We overall had an excellent stay. At check-out, we received a questionnaire to rate our stay. We said we had had an excellent stay, we would certainly recommend the hotel but that we had no time to fill in this document.

Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to leave the hotel until we had completed this. Check-out was done in a separate office and when we said that we didn't want to complete the whole form (I think it were 3 pages in total) the guy who had carried our suitcases went to the office door to block it. It was clear that he wasn't going to let us out. As we didn't have much time I quickly started completing the questionnaire with a mix of 9's and 10's but when I handed back the form the receptionist called the manager and he started discussing every item I marked less than 10.

We didn't have time for this and it was clear that he did not want to hear our opinion, the only thing that he was interested in was a 10-grade. I changed all my scores to 10, the manager shouted something to the guy who carried our bags he opened the door with a big smile and the managed wished us a good journey and gave us a firm handshake and a broad smile.

Definitely the most awkward check-out experience I ever had.
(It was not a Marriott property)