FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No refund or redeposit for award tickets <72 hours - change in applied policy?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 5:39 am
btonkid12345

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ethernal
For the most part I don't see an issue with this policy. How frequent do you not know whether or not a leisure trip is happening less than 72 hours before departure?
Frequently. Plus, a huge competitive disadvantage to AA - who allows their EPs no redeposit fee, to redeposit anytime within the ticket validity period.

No reason DL couldn’t do the same.

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
One technique I have used within T-72 is to change the flights to any dummy date in the future for the same miles due to a family or work issue. This is a softer landing for the agent in terms of waivers and favors. Then I subsequently call in to cancel it.
So you’d rather tell two white lies instead of one?

But seriously - how is that a softer landing? To ask them to change the dates but keep the fare the same? RM would basically see that as fraud as you could be asking them to waive the entire set of fare rules.

Seems - at the minimum, a same ask, if not an easier lift - to simply waive the cancellation ‘penalty’ and just ask for the redeposit in the first place.